London Southern Tramways



Owner London Southern Tramways Company
Opened 7th December 1883 (horse)
Operator London Southern Tramways Company
Taken over (operation)
2nd October 1906 (London County Council Tramways)
Taken over (ownership) 20th December 1906 (London County Council Tramways)
Length 5.75 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Pattern of button currently unknown

Comment
Although LSTCo conductors certainly wore uniforms (see link), marked buttons have yet come to light, suggesting that they were either plain, or that they bore a device which is not readily identifiable as an issue of that company.

The Provincial Group (Provincial Tramways Company Limited) was established in 1872 in London, and at various times, also owned the following companies: Cardiff Tramways Company Limited; General Tramways Company of Portsmouth; Gosport and Fareham Tramways; Gosport Street Tramways Company; Great Grimsby Street Tramways; Landport and Southsea Tramways Company; Plymouth, Stonehouse and Devonport Tramways; Portsdown and Horndean Light Railway; the Portsmouth (Borough), Kingston, Fratton and Southsea Tramways Company; and the Portsmouth Street Tramways Company.