Jarrow and District Electric Tramway



Owner Jarrow and District Electric Traction Company Limited (a British Electric Traction Company Limited subsidiary)
Opened 29th November 1906 (electric)
Operator Jarrow and District Electric Traction Company Limited
Ownership transferred 1st January 1914 (Northern General Transport Company, jointly owned by the British Electric Traction Company and the London and North Western Railway Company)
Closed 30th June 1929
Length 2.54 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Wheel, magnet and electrical flashes
Materials used Brass and black composite
Button Line reference [113/16]

Comment The British Electric Traction Company had a common approach to all its subsidiaries (with the exception of its London operations), so staff would have worn the standard BETCo 'Magnet and Wheel' button.