Ipswich Corporation Tramways

Owner Ipswich Corporation
Took over
1st November 1901 (Ipswich Tramway Company Ltd [horse])
Operator Ipswich Corporation
Last horse service 6th June 1903
First electric route 23rd November 1903
Closed 26th July 1926
Length 10.82 miles
Gauge 3ft 6ins

Button description Title (‘IPSWICH CORPORATION TRAMWAYS’) within a raised rim, surrounding the municipal arms (a shield bearing a lion and three ships’ sterns) with a lion crest and hippocamp supporters
Materials known Brass
Button Line reference [113/35]

Comment The municipal undertaking was only renamed 'Ipswich Corporation Transport' after the demise of the tramway, so tramcar staff were only ever issued uniforms bearing 'Ipswich Corporation Tramways' buttons.