Lea Bridge, Leyton and Walthamstow Tramways



Owner Lea Bridge, Leyton and Walthamstow Tramways Co
Opened
12th May 1883 (horse)
Operator Lea Bridge, Leyton and Walthamstow Tramways Co
Service ceased October (?) 1884
Liquidator appointed 15th January 1885
Taken over Late 1888 (Leyton and Walthamstow Tramways Co Ltd - a new company)
Re-opened 13th May 1889 (horse)
Operator Lea Bridge, Leyton and Walthamstow Tramways Co Ltd
Taken over 1st June 1905 (London County Council - lines within the Borough of Hackney)
Taken over 1st June 1905 (Leyton Urban District Council - lines within the municipal boundary)
Operator (lessee) Lea Bridge, Leyton and Walthamstow Tramways Co (Leyton lines)
Taken over (operation) 1st November 1905 (Leyton UDC-owned lines)
Length 4.8 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description
uniforms probably not worn

Comment Photographs or LBL&WTCo services are rare, and those depicting staff are rarer still (see link). Those few shots available suggest that the only item clothing issued to employees was a kepi-style cap, and that uniform buttons therefore, probably never existed.