Lowestoft Corporation Tramways



Owner Lowestoft Corporation
Opened
22nd January 1903 (electric)
Operator Lowestoft Corporation
Closed 8th May 1931
Length 4.08 miles
Gauge 3ft 6ins

Button description Title (‘LOWESTOFT CORPORATION TRAMWAYS’) surrounding a representation of St Margaret holding a shield, taken from the corporation’s seal
Materials known Brass; nickel; chrome
Button Line reference [113/44]

Comment Lowestoft Corporation were apparently still issuing uniforms bearing 'Lowestoft Corporation Tramways' buttons 15 to 20 years after the demise of the tramway, so tramcar staff would only ever have been issued with uniforms bearing these buttons.