Glossop Tramways



Owner Urban Electric Supply Company Limited
Opened 21st August 1903 (electric)
Operator Urban Electric Supply Company Limited
Closed
24th December 1927
Length 4.56 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Elaborate script initials, ‘UES’ within rim
Materials known Brass
Button Line reference [None]

Comment As well as Glossop Tramways, the Urban Electric Supply Company Limited also owned the small Cornish system that plied between Camborne and Redruth (see link), whilst its parent company, the EEC, owned the system in Scarborough (see link). The UESCoLtd preferred to work both its tramways, as well as its core business operations (electricity supply) directly, so the button pictured is almost certainly the pattern worn by staff working these two tramways.