St Anne's-on-Sea Council Tramways / Lytham St Annes Borough Tramways



Owner St-Annes-on-the-Sea Urban District Council
Took over 1st November 1920 (Blackpool, St Anne's and Lytham Tramway Co Ltd [electric])
Operator St-Annes-on-the-Sea Urban District Council
Owners' name changed 1st November 1922 to Lytham St Annes Urban District Council (following the merger of St-Annes-on-the-Sea and Lytham UDCs
Dept name changed April 1930 (to Lytham St Annes Corporation Transport)
Closed 28th April 1937
Length 6.26 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description (Pattern 1) Title (‘Lytham St Annes Borough Tramways’) within a border, surrounding borough arms (shield with ship, two lions and a cross)
Materials known Nickel
Button Line reference [113/45]

Button description (Pattern 2) Title (‘Lytham St Annes Corporation Transport’) within a border, surrounding borough arms (shield with ship, two lions and a cross)
Materials known Nickel; chrome
Button Line reference [None]

Comment Given that a St-Annes-on-the-Sea Council Tramways cap badge has survived (see link), it seems more than likely that similarly titled buttons were also issued, though none have yet come to light.

In later years (from May 1930 onwards), the tramway was branded as Lytham St Annes Corporation Transport; it is therefore highly likely that new uniform issues after 1930 would have borne 'Lytham St Annes Corporation Transport' insignia and buttons.