Blackpool, St Annes and Lytham Tramway(s) Company Ltd
Owner Blackpool, St Anne's and Lytham Tramway Company
Opened 11th July 1896 (gas)
Operator (lessee) British Gas Traction Company Ltd
Took over (lease) 11th July 1896 (Blackpool Corporation) - 1 mile of newly built, corporation-owned track from Station Rd Terminus to Squires Gate
Taken over 1898 (Blackpool, St Anne's and Lytham Tramways Company Ltd - a newly registered company)
Took over (company) 1898 (British Gas Traction Company Ltd)
Taken over (company) 1901 (Electric Tramways Construction and Maintenance Company Ltd)
First electric service 30th May 1903
Taken over (track and operation) 28th October 1920 (St Annes Urban District Council)
Length 7.51 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins
Button description Title (‘The Blackpool St Annes & Lytham Tramys Co Ltd’) surrounding three shields: 1) Seagull in flight on a background of waves, beneath a fleur-de-lys, thunderbolt and lion; 2) Arm with sword, prawn, rose and sailing ship; 3) Lighthouse on a rock, with seascape, pier and ship.
Materials known Nickel
Button Line reference [113/9]
Comment The three shields are - clockwise from the top - the arms of Blackpool, Lytham and St Annes.