Dartford Council Light Railways
Owner Dartford Urban District Council
Opened 14th February 1906 (electric)
Operator (lessee) J G White and Company
Taken over (lease) 1909 (Balfour, Beatty and Company Limited)
Taken over (operation) 18th August 1917 (Bexley UDC Tramways), following the destruction of the entire tramcar fleet in a depot fire the previous day
Taken over (operation) 1st April 1921 (Bexley Council Tramways and Dartford Light Railways Joint Committee)
Length 6.55 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins
Button description Pattern of button currently unknown
Comment Allthough Dartford staff were certainly issued with uniforms (see link), the pattern of the buttons is currently unknown; however, the absence of a clearly marked survivor, suggests that they were either plain, or that they bore a device or monogram that is not readily identifiable as an issue of the system.
In addition to the Dartford Council Light Railways, Balfour Beatty also owned, operated or had a significant interest in the following systems: Cheltenham and District Light Railway, City of Carlisle Electric Tramways, Dunfermline and District Tramways Co, Falkirk and District Tramways Company, Leamington and Warwick Electric Tramways, Llandudno and Colwyn Bay Electric Railway, Llanelly Tramways, Luton Corporation Tramways, Mansfield and District Light Railway, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Tramways and Wemyss and District Tramways.