Mansfield and District Light Railway
Owner Mansfield and District Light Railway Company Limited
Opened 16th July 1905 (electric)
Operator Mansfield and District Light Railway Company Limited
Taken over (ownership) 7th December 1906 (Mansfield and District Tramways Limited - a newly formed holding company)
Taken over (ownership) 1912 (Tramways Light and Power Company, a subsidiary of Balfour Beatty and Company Limited)
Owning company renamed November 1921 (Midland Counties Electric Supply Company Limited)
Closed 9th October 1932
Length 12.28 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins
Button description Title ('Mansfield & District Light Railway Co') surrounding monogram of intertwined letters: 'M&DLR'
Materials known Brass
Button Line reference [None]
Comment In addition to the Mansfield and District Light Railway, Balfour Beatty also owned, operated or had a significant interest in the following systems: Cheltenham and District Light Railway, City of Carlisle Electric Tramways, Dartford Council Light Railways, Dunfermline and District Tramways, Falkirk and District Tramways, Leamington and Warwick Electric Tramways, Llandudno and Colwyn Bay Electric Railway, Llanelly Tramways, Luton Corporation Tramways, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Tramways and Wemyss and District Tramways.