Coventry Corporation Tramways



Owner Coventry Corporation
Took over 1st January 1912 (Coventry Electric Tramways Company [electric] - a subsidiary of the New General Traction Company Ltd)
Operator Coventry Corporation
Closed 25th February 1941 (suspended from 24th December 1940 due to wartime bomb damage)
Length 13.33 miles
Gauge 3ft 6ins

Button description Title ('Coventry Corporation Tramways') surrounding arms (shield with elephant carrying a castle, surmounted by a cat atop a cushion), all above motto: 'Camera Principis' (The Prince's chamber)
Materials known Nickel; chrome
Button Line reference [113/20]

Comment The Prince's chamber of the motto does not refer to a specific chamber - as frequently claimed - but to the nearby manor of Cheylesmore which was held by the Black Prince.