Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Tramways

Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Tramways Company (owned by the Tramways Light and Power Company, a subsidiary of Balfour, Beatty and Company Limited)
Opened 29th July 1913 (electric)
Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Tramways Company
Took over (operation) 30th June 1916 (Ilkeston Corporation Tramways)
Took over (ownership) 1st November 1916 (Ilkeston Corporation Tramways)
Owning company renamed November 1921 (Midland Counties Electric Supply Co Ltd)
Company renamed 1928 (Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Traction Company)
Last passenger service September 1932
Closed 5th October 1932
Length 12.72 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Plain with scalloped rim
Materials known Brass; nickel; chrome
Button Line reference [None]

Comment Surviving photographs (see link) indicate that Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Tramways Company buttons were plain with a scalloped rim.

In addition to the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Tramways, Balfour Beatty & Co also owned, operated or had a significant interest in the following systems: Cheltenham and District Light Railway, City of Carlisle Electric Tramways, Dartford Council Light Railways, Dunfermline and District Tramways, Falkirk and District Tramways, Leamington and Warwick Electric Tramways, Llandudno and Colwyn Bay Electric Railway, Llanelly Tramways, Luton Corporation Tramways, Mansfield and District Light Railway and Wemyss and District Tramways.