Dundee and District Tramways



Owner Dundee Police Commissioners (local authority)
Opened 30th August 1877 (horse)
Operator (lessee) Dundee & District Tramway Company
First steam service 20th June 1885
Taken over (ownership and leases) 1st June 1899 (Dundee Corporation)
Length 5.66 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Marked buttons not worn

Comment Although photographs clearly show that staff working the horse and steam tramways were issued with uniforms from the mid 1890s onwards (see link), these do not appear to have borne insignia of any kind, so it seems highly unlikely that marked buttons ever existed.