Dublin Southern District Tramways



Owner Dublin Southern District Tramways Company (a subsidiary of the Imperial Tramways Company)
Opened 17th March 1879 (horse)
Operator Dublin Southern District Tramways Company
Took over 24th August 1893 (Blackrock and Kingstown Tramway Co Ltd), via the DSDT's parent company, the ITCo
First electric route 16th May 1896
Taken over 28th September 1896 (Dublin United Tramways Company [1896] Limited)
Length 7.98 miles
Gauge 4ft 0 ins and 5ft 3ins / 5ft 2¼ins

Button description Unknown

Comment Although staff of the DSDTCo clearly wore uniforms (see link), marked buttons are yet to come to light, suggesting that they were either plain, or that they bore a monogram or initials of some kind which are not readily identifiable as an issue of the company.