Cambridge Street Tramways



Owner Cambridge Street Tramways Company
Opened 28th October 1880 (horse)
Operator Cambridge Street Tramways Company
Taken over (operation) 1st January 1881 (J F Meston - lessee)
Taken over (operation) 1st January (?) 1884 (following conclusion of the lease)
Ownership 1900 (major shareholding acquired by the British Electric Traction Company Ltd)
Ownership 1904 (BET sold its CSTCo shareholding to the Cambridge Electric Traction Syndicate)
Closed
18th February 1914
Length 2.69 miles
Gauge 4ft 0ins

Button description Uniforms not worn

Comment Photos indicate that staff wore a variety of informal attire (see link), including bowler hats and flat caps, strongly suggesting that the company did not issue uniforms, and that marked buttons therefore never existed. A single photograph does however suggest that conductors may have been issued with uniforms for a short period, though this is far from certain.