Clontarf and Hill of Howth Tramroad



Owner Clontarf and Hill of Howth Tramroad Company Limited
Opened 26th July 1900 (electric)
Operator Clontarf and Hill of Howth Tramroad Company Limited
Taken over (staffing) July (?) 1902 (Dublin United Tramways Company)
Operator Dublin United Tramways Company
Taken over (full lease) 1st January 1907 (Dublin United Tramways Company)
Lease relinquished 29th March 1945
Closed 29th March 1945
Length 5.48 miles
Gauge 5ft 3ins

Button description (pre mid-1902) Pattern of button currently unknown

Button description (post mid-1902) Elaborate script initials (‘DUT’) within a scalloped rim
Materials known Nickel; brass; chrome
Button Line reference [113/26]

Comment Although the C&HoHTCoLtd existed as an independent concern for almost 45 years, it only operated services itself for around two years, until summer 1902, thereafter all services and responsibility for staffing passing to the DUTCo.