Douglas Bay Tramway/Douglas Horse Tramway
Owner Thomas Lightfoot, family and associates
Opened 7th August 1876 (horse)
Operator Thomas Lightfoot, family and associates
Taken over 6th January 1882 (Walter Darker Pitt, G J Cuddon and F W Barnett)
Taken over 21 March 1882 (Isle of Man Tramways Ltd)
Taken over 1st May 1894 ('Isle of Man Tramways and Electric Power Co Ltd', previously the 'Douglas and Laxey Coast Electric Tramway Company Limited')
Taken over 2nd January 1902 (Douglas Corporation), following liquidation of the 'IoMT&EPCoLtd'
Length 1.76 miles
Gauge 3ft 0ins
Button description (pre 1902) Uniforms not worn
Button description (post 1902) Arms (quartered shield with Viking ship, eagle and child, the Three Legs of Man, and a lion; above a scroll containing 'Borough of Douglas'; surmounted by a helmet and crown with elaborate garlands), all above motto: 'Manx Kiannoortys Cheus Thie Jeh Kiannoortys' (Government within a government)
Materials known Brass; chrome
Button Line reference [None]
Comments The Isle of Man Tramways and Electric Power Co Ltd also owned the Snaefell Mountain Railway, the Douglas and Laxey Coast Electric Tramway and the Upper Douglas Tramway, the latter also being purchased by Douglas Corporation following liquidation of the 'IoMT&EPCoLtd'.
In the absence of specific 'tramway' or indeed 'transport' pattern buttons, it would appear that Douglas Corporation used this untitled button for all its services, including both its tramways.