Dewsbury, Ossett and Soothill Nether Tramways
Owner Dewsbury Corporation (circa 0.2 miles; 2.0 miles from 1910 following its absorbtion of Soothill Nether Urban District Council); Soothill Nether UDC (circa 1.8 miles) and Ossett Corporation (1.14 miles)
Opened 11th November 1908 (electric)
Operator (lessee) National Electric Construction Company Limited (known as the NEC)
Taken over (lessee) 1931 British Electric Traction Company Limited
Operator Yorkshire (Woollen District) Electric Tramways Co Ltd (a BET subsidiary)
Closed 19th October 1933
Length 3.14 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins
Button description Pattern of button currently unknown
Comment Although staff of the Dewsbury, Ossett and Soothill Nether Tramways were clearly issued with uniforms (see link), the fact that marked buttons have not come to light, nor are any known from the other five NEC-owned tramways (see below), it seems highly likely that the buttons were plain.
The NEC also owned and/or operated the City of Oxford Tramways (1907-1914); Mexborough and Swinton Tramways (1907-1929); Musselburgh and District Tramways (1904-1928); Rhondda Tramways (1908-1934); and Torquay Tramways (1907-1934).