Mexborough and Swinton Tramways Company
Owner Mexborough and Swinton Tramways Company (a subsidiary of the National Electric Construction Company Limited)
Opened 6th February 1907 (electric)
Operator Mexborough and Swinton Tramways Company
Closed 9th March 1929
Length 6.48 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins
Button description Pattern of button currently unknown
Comment Although the Mexborough and Swinton Tramways Company clearly issued uniforms (see link), the fact that marked buttons have not come to light, nor are any known from the other five NEC-owned tramways (see below), it seems highly likely that the buttons were plain.
The NEC also owned and/or operated the City of Oxford Tramways (1907-1914); Dewsbury, Ossett & Soothill Nether Tramways (1908-1931); Musselburgh and District Tramways (1904-1928); Rhondda Tramways (1908-1934); and Torquay Tramways (1907-1934).