Musselburgh and District Tramways
Owner National Electric Construction Co Ltd
Opened 12th December 1904 (electric)
Operator National Electric Construction Co Ltd
Ownership transferred August 1905 (Musselburgh and District Electric Light and Traction Company Ltd - a local subsidiary of the NEC)
Closed 25th February 1928 (to the general public)
Taken over (operation) 1st March 1928 (Edinburgh Corporation) - Joppa to Levenhall section
Taken over (ownership) 1932 (Edinburgh Corporation)
Length 6.62 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins
Button description Plain with scalloped rim
Materials known Brass
Button Line reference [None]
Comment Although artistically embellished by the hand colouring process, a studio portrait of Musselburgh and District Tramways motorwoman, Annie Moffat, strongly suggests that the uniform buttons were plain with a scalloped rim (see link).
The NEC also owned and/or operated the City of Oxford Tramways (1907-1914); Dewsbury, Ossett & Soothill Nether Tramways (1908-1931); Mexborough and Swinton Tramways (1907-1929); Rhondda Tramways (1908-1934); and Torquay Tramways (1907-1934).