Stockton Tramways


Owner Stockton and Darlington Steam Tramways Company Ltd
Opened November 1881 (steam)
Operator Stockton and Darlington Steam Tramways Company Ltd
Restructured 1893, though possibly earlier (Stockton and District Tramways - following the financial collapse of the S&DSTCoLtd)
Taken over 1896 (Imperial Tramways Company Ltd)
Closed October (?) 1897
Length 3.25 miles
Gauge 4ft 0ins

Button description Uniforms not worn

Comment Surviving photographs indicate that staff simply wore informal attire (see link), strongly suggesting that marked uniform buttons never existed.

The Imperial Tramways Company also owned another local tramway concern, the Middlesbrough and Stockton Tramways Company, closing both as a precursor to rebuilding as a 3ft 7in gauge electric tramway (Middlesbrough, Stockton and Thornaby Electric Tramways).