Wallasey Council / Corporation Tramways

Owner Wallasey Urban District Council
Took over 1st April 1901 (Wallasey United Tramway and Omnibus Company Ltd [horse])
Operator Wallasey Urban District Council
First electric route 17th March 1902
Last horse service 19th March 1902
Named changed 1910 to Wallasey Corporation, following the town's elevation to borough status
Closed 30th November 1933
Length 12.02 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description (Pattern 1) Title (‘WALLASEY COUNCIL TRAMWAYS’) within a border, surrounding a monogram of entwined initials, 'WCT'
Materials known Brass; nickel
Button Line reference [None]

Button description (Pattern 2)
Title (‘WALLASEY CORPORATION TRAMWAYS’) within a border, surrounding the municipal arms (a shield bearing ship, a bugle and three wheat sheaves) with a crest incorporating a dolphin and trident, and heavy mantling.
Materials known Nickel
Button Line reference [114/77]

Comment Tramways staff wore the Pattern 2 button from c1910 until the demise of the tramway, the corporation's motorbus arm — Wallasey Corporation Motors — only being renamed Wallasey Passenger Transport Department in 1961.