Oldham, Ashton and Hyde Electric Tramways



Owner Oldham, Ashton-under-Lyne and Hyde Electric Tramways Ltd (a subsidiary of the British Electric Traction Company Limited)
Opened 12th June 1899 (electric)
Operator Oldham, Ashton-under-Lyne and Hyde Electric Tramways Ltd
Took over (operation) 1st January 1903 (Hyde Corporation - 1 mile of track from Hyde to Pole Bank, Bredbury)
Taken over 24th May 1921 (3.31 miles with the boundary of Ashton Corporation, Waterloo UDC and Limehurst UDC; operated from 2nd July 1921 by Ashton-under-Lyne Corporation Tramways)
Taken over 24th May 1921 (1.64 miles within the boundary of Hyde Corporation; operated from 2nd July 1921 by Stalybridge, Hyde, Mossley and Dukinfield Tramways)
Taken over 24th May 1921 (1.29 miles within the boundary of Denton UDC and 0.83 miles within the boundary of Audenshaw UDC - operated from 2nd July 1921 by Manchester Corporation Tramways)
Length 9.1 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Wheel, magnet and electrical flashes
Materials known Brass; nickel; chrome; black composite
Button Line reference [113/16]