Wrexham District Tramway
Owner Wrexham District Tramways Company
Opened 1st November 1876 (horse)
Operator Wrexham District Tramways Company
Owner (name changed) 1879 - to Wrexham Tramways Company Limited
Taken over (operation) 1880 (Frederick Llewelyn Jones - lessee)
Taken over (company) December 1900 (British Electric Traction Company Ltd)
Operator (lessee) Frederick Llewelyn Jones
Closed 26th April 1901
Length 2.78 miles
Gauge 3ft 0ins
Button description Uniforms not worn
Comment Photographic evidence strongly suggests that informal jackets were worn, and that marked company buttons therefore never existed (see link).
The BET subsequently formed a subsidiary - the Wrexham and District Electric Tramways Company Ltd - which it tasked with rebuilding, electrifying and operating the former horse line.