Wrexham and District Electric Tramways
Owner Wrexham and District Electric Tramways Company Ltd (a subsidiary of the British Electric Traction Company Ltd)
Opened 4th April 1903 (electric)
Operator Wrexham and District Electric Tramways Company Ltd
Owner (name changed) 19th March 1914 - to Wrexham and District Transport Company Ltd
Closed 31st March 1927
Length 4.44 miles
Gauge 3ft 6ins
Button description Wheel, magnet and electrical flashes
Materials known Brass; nickel; chrome; bakelite
Button Line reference [113/16]
Comment Photos (see link) show uniformed staff wearing the standard 'BET' 'Magnet and Wheel' cap badge, and they undoubtedly wore the standard 'BET' buttons as well.
BET actually took a controlling interest in the W&DET's predecessor - the Wrexham Tramways Company - in 1900, ahead of its closure in 1901, and subsequent rebuilding.