Aberdeen Corporation Tramways



Owner Aberdeen Corporation
Took over 27th August 1898 (Aberdeen District Tramways [horse])
Operator Aberdeen Corporation
First electric route 23rd December 1899
Closed 3rd May 1958
Length 16.12 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description (Pattern 1) Title (‘Aberdeen Corporation Tramways’) surrounding arms (shield with three turrets) with leopard supporters
Materials known Brass; nickel
Button Line reference [113/2]

Button description (Pattern 2) Title (‘Aberdeen Corporation Transport’) surrounding arms (shield with three turrets) with leopard supporters
Materials known Nickel
Button Line reference [None]

Comment All buttons known are of 3-piece construction (front, back and shank), but in the blazer style, ie, with a concave rather than a flat back. Transport buttons were issued from 1931 onwards.