Alford and Sutton Tramway



Owner Alford and Sutton Tramway Company
Opened 2nd April 1884 (steam)
Operator Alford and Sutton Tramway Company
Taken over 10th August 1888 (Great Northern, Lincoln and East Coast Railway Company)
Company name changed 31st January 1889 (Great Northern Tramways Company Ltd)
Entered liquidation 15th November 1889
Closed December 1889
Length
7.06 miles
Gauge 2ft 6ins

Button description Uniforms not worn

Comment Photographs of this very short-lived tramway (see link) indicate that drivers stoker and conductors all wore informal attitre; marked buttons therefore never existed.

The main shareholder and leading light in the A&STCo was the Scottish railway contractor W B Dick, founder (in 1883) of the tramway contractors and manufacturers, Dick, Kerr and Co.