Barnsley and District Tramways



Owner Barnsley and District Electric Traction Company (a subsidiary of the British Electric Traction Company Limited - BETCo)
Opened 31st October 1902 (electric)
Operator Barnsley and District Electric Traction Company
Company name changed June 1919 (to the Barnsley and District Traction Company)
Company name changed 1928 (to the Yorkshiret Traction Company)
Closed
3rd September 1930
Length 3.06 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description
Wheel, magnet and electrical flashes
Materials known Brass; nickel; chrome; black (vulcanite)
Button Line reference [113/16]

Comment
Photos show uniformed staff wearing the standard 'BETCo' 'Magnet and Wheel' cap badge, and they undoubtedly wore the standard 'BETCo' buttons as well.