Trafford Park Tramways

Photographs of employees of either the British Gas Traction Company Limited (operators from 1897 to 1899) or the Trafford Parks Estates Company Limited (operators of the gas trams between 1899 and 1908, and electric trams between 1903 and 1905) appear not to have survived, so details of the uniforms that they wore are currently unknown.

From 1905 to closure of the system in 1946, all electric services were operated as through services by Manchester and Salford Corporations. Details of staff uniforms can be found on the pages for Manchester Corporation Tramways and Salford Corporation Tramways, respectively.

For a history of this poorly known tramway, see: 'Trafford Park Tramways 1897-1946' by Ted Gray; Northern Publishing (1996).