Aston Manor Urban District Council (later Corporation) Tramways

Owner Aston Manor Urban District Council
Took over (assets and leases) 1st July 1902 (Birmingham and Aston Tramways Company); official handover eight months later
Took over (operation) 25th March 1903 (B&ATCo) - steam services, including the section leased from Birmingham Corporation
Name changed (owner) 1903 - to Aston Manor Corporation, following the town's elevation to borough status
Taken over (operation) 1st January 1904 (City of Birmingham Tramways Company) - steam services, possibly including the section leased from Birmingham Corporation
Taken over (operation) 4th January 1904 (Birmingham Corporation [electric]) - section between Birmingham and the Aston Manor boundary, following expiry of the lease
First electric service 29th September 1904
Operator (lessee) CofBTCo
Last steam service 13th November 1904
Operator (lessee) CofBTCo
Taken over (ownership) 9th November 1911 (Birmingham Corporation), following its expansion to include the borough of Aston Manor
Taken over (operation) 1st January 1912 (Birmingham Corporation). following expiry of the CofBTCo lease
Length 4.85 miles
Gauge 3ft 6ins

Button description Uniforms probably not worn

Comments Photographs of tramcar crews taken during the nine-month period when the council operated the tramway appear not to have survived. However, it seems most likely that the council continued the policy of the Birmingham and Aston Tramways Company in not issuing uniforms (see link).