Grimsby Corporation Tramways

Owner Grimsby Corporation
Took over
6th April 1925 (Grimsby portion of Great Grimsby Street Tramways [electric])
Operator Grimsby Corporation
Closed 31st March 1937
Length 4.39 miles
Gauge 4ft 8½ins

Button description Title (‘GRIMSBY CORPORATION TRAMWAYS’) within a raised rim, surrounding the municipal arms (a shield bearing a chevron and three boars’ heads)
Materials known Brass; nickel; chrome
Button Line reference [113/30]

Comment Although it is unclear when Grimsby Corporation Transport came into being, the fact that the tramcars remained emblazoned with 'Grimsby Corporation Tramways' to the end, suggests that tramwaymen did not switch to uniforms bearing 'Grimsby Corporation Transport' buttons until after the demise of the tramway.